The Servei d’Estadística Aplicada of the UAB is a scientific and technical service aimed at supporting the research that was created in 2000.
It is a statistical consulting service of international reference due to the quality of its contribution to the scientific research as well as its involvement in the diffusion of Statistics through courses, seminars and other activities.
The main objectives of the Servei are:
- To coordinate and to promote the activities related to Statistics that are developed at the UAB.
- To provide technical and methodological support to researchers who carry out experimental research projects in any field.
- To provide basic and advanced training in Statistics.
- To promote basic research in Statistics.
- To undertake and to promote activities related to the diffusion of Statistics.
The main guidelines, functions and organization of the Servei d’Estadística Aplicada are defined in the regulation of the Servei d’Estadística Aplicada, which was approved by the Comissió Executiva on 15/09/2000.
Unlike other Spanish universities, the Servei d’Estadística Aplicada is a service which involves more than one department within a technologic and university Campus, which also allows its participation in numerous projects in all fields of the most advanced science.