- Qubit is a spectrophotometer that uses specific fluorochroms to measure nucleic acids and proteins. Unlike Nanodrop, Qubit allows the quantification of either single or double strand DNA, which makes the measurement much more accurate. Qubit's measurements require a previous sample preparation and the creation of a standard curve. All required components are provided by available kits:
- dsDNA HS Assay: 0.2–100 ng
- dsDNA BR Assay: 2–1000 ng
- ssDNA Assay: 1–200 ng
- RNA Assay: 5–100 ng
- RNA BR Assay: 20–1000 ng
- Protein Assay: 0.25–5 µg
- It needs to be considered in double strand DNA assays that the concentration mesured by Nanodrop can be up to 10 fold greater than the one measured by Qubit. Therefore, such effect have to be taken into account when measuring a sample's concentration.
- SGB permanently offers the kit dsDNA HS Assay. If some user want to use another one, they must purchase it..