The X-Ray Diffraction Service (SDRX) is a service dedicated to support the research at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). The Service has the suitable equipment and knowledge for dealing with X-ray diffraction (powder and single crystal techniques). Samples usually come from the fields of Geology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Materials Science, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology but also from other fields such as Archaeology, Medicine and so on. Studies carried out more often are:
- Crystal structure determination: atomic connectivity, molecular geometrical parameters as bond lengths, bond angles, torsion angles and coordination polyhedron distances, configuration determination, study of weak interactions (hydrogen bonds, secondary bonds, pi interactions and so on), study of crystal packing patterns, cell parameter determination, etc.
- Solid phase qualitative analysis: identification and characterization by powder diffraction. Unit cell determination. Study of powdered samples as well as metallurgic pieces, paintings, coatings, archaeological pieces, etc.
- Solid phase quantitative analysis.
- Temperature diffraction: single crystal and powdered samples. Phase transition studies.
- Studies on crystal polymorphism, solvates and co-crystals.
Level of user's overall satisfaction according to october 2020 survey